We are looking for a Freelance Copywriter who loves writing about all things eCommerce. You'll receive detailed briefs and content outlines (including SEO/keyword research) to work from so you can focus on what you do best: writing!
You're available for 10-20 hours of content writing per week (or more), and you're comfortable working on a variety of content projects. From blogging to writing copy for premium assets, landing pages, and more, you can do it all.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write kick-ass copy about eCommerce topics, tools, tips and tricks for the blog, premium assets, landing pages and more
- Write to a brief. The Content Manager will provide you with the complete strategy and direction for all content, so you can do what you do best: write and deliver the copy needed to bring that strategy to life.
- Incorporate SEO/keywords organically. We’ll provide all the SEO research, but you’ll be comfortable slotting them into your writing so they sound natural.
- Work closely with the Content Manager to create completely unique, one-of-a-kind content with one goal: to provide actual value to the reader.
- Provide everything but “101 level” copywriting. This isn’t about spewing out what’s already been said and delivering the basics, it’s about elevating the reader’s understanding of eCommerce so they walk away with knowledge they couldn’t get anywhere else.
- Edit your own work. The occasional accidental apostrophe is fine, but you are the type of writer who will catch your own errors and proof your copy before submitting.
- Conduct research beyond just the first page of Google. You’re truly passionate about writing well, so you know that researching your topic is 50% of delivering great work.
- Deliver content on time and swiftly. Turnarounds are fast, but the quality is always high.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Some days you’ll be writing 3000+ word blog articles about Klaviyo and Shopify, and other days you’ll be whipping out lead magnets. You love hopping between projects and thrive when things move quickly.
- Enthusiastically provide ideas for future articles and assets. While you’ll mostly be writing to a brief, you’re also capable of suggesting awesome ideas and topics to pursue.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Copywriting experience working at an agency, startup, or as part of an in-house creative team. Journalism experience is also applicable.
- A strong understanding of eCommerce marketing and the ability to write with authority on this topic.
- Exceptional proofreading, grammar, and editing skills.
- Demonstrated portfolio of previous work.